Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quiet, slim, split keyboard?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mizzchola

mizzchola

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:02 AM

Hello everyone,

OK so I have an issue. I type a lot like a whole lot! And because of this I have a few specific requirements from a keyboard and I have been searching high and low for one that meets all or it least most of these. They are as follows:

1. Quiet The keyboard must be quiet, because I'm often typing up a storm into the late hours of the night and early hours of the morning the adjoining rooms mainly bedrooms can hear my frantic manic typing. This may sound silly but it's becoming a issue as it's dead silent over here and the keyboards I've tried are too loud! Standard full depth keyboard keys are simply too noisy.

2. Ergonomic preferably split because I spend so much time typing I've become accustomed to the microsoft ergonomic split natural keyboards which I have been using for years. Only they are too damn noisy! Also the keys are too deep!

3. key depth I'm very fond of the feel and quieter click of most laptop keyboard keys. I put this down to the shallow key depth and have been looking extensively for a external keyboard that has shallow key depth like laptops but the ones I've seen aren't ergonomic or split! Frustration continues.

So in short all I want from a keyboard is shallow laptop like keys that are quiet and dont have heavy clunky clickity clack sounds like most keyboards and that comes in a split ergonomic design....

Surely in 2010 this is not too much to ask???

I'm growing increasingly frustrated with this issue and sincerely welcome any advice?

I'd even be willing to spend a bit extra in customizing a split keyboard to install shallow keys if possible? Any advice?

Please help if you can. Feeling great guilt with every keystroke trying my hardest to type as lightly as I can is getting on my nerves!

Please help a manic speed typist be able to type with out guilt again??? :thumbsup:

PS: moving is not an option hence the great insistance on finding a suitable keyboard also buying a laptop isn't a option right now that aside I type too much to use the standard keyboard layout on a laptop and the screens are too small. I prefer my huge LCD monitor. FYI cause otherwise I'd take those options.

So again please help???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users