Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus is taking over my computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mmpodz

mmpodz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:44 AM

I am having several problems with my computer. I have fake anitvirus software alerts popping up, random pages will open (usually for ED or a P*rn site), I cannot open IE at all but can currently use Mozilla, I also cannot open Add/Delete programs in control panel, and anytime I try to click on a site in a google search I am redirected to a similar page, but not the one I was trying to get to. I have a security warning that keeps popping up that says - Application cannot be executed. The file hpzinw12.exe is infected. Do you want to activate your anitvirus software now? I do not know if these are separate problems or all related.

I have Malwarebytes' Anti-malware that I have tried to run, but it also will not open now. We were having this problem before, downloaded Malwarebytes', ran a check, deleted the junk, but the google redirect never went away. I have followed the directions on the removing antivirus system pro page (on this site) BEFORE but I am having the same problems again. I thought I should try to post here for a more direct answer so in case I missed something or perhaps am having a bigger problem.

I am a beginner so anyone who helps will have to hold my hand a little. Thank you for your help!

EDIT: Moved from XP to Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 17 May 2010 - 08:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 morfia

morfia

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:14 AM

Press "f8" when your restart your computer before the xp logo screen appears then you will be at an option called " safe-mode with networking " click that give it a minute or two, Then you will be loaded back to your xp desktop with no other programs loaded in your back-round including viruses. Then if you want click update on malware bytes so i can update its database with latest viruses. And use it to clean your pc done.

Another cool program which can speed your pc performance is a program called "ccleaner" google it while your at it.

#3 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:17 AM

Here is my suggestion, discontinue this topic and create a new topic in this forum here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

That is Bleepingcomputers AII section of the forums, where help will be provided to you from specially trained staff, who will help you clean your machine of these hijacks.

Copy the text in your origional post above into your new post in AII.

Please be patient waiting for a reply from a member of our staff as they will be helping others as well.

Good luck. :thumbsup:
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users