Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How can I increase Dialup internet speed?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 blank.black

blank.black

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 17 May 2010 - 02:00 AM

I have Earthlink Dialup and its slow just like everyone says it is. Right now that is the best deal I can get for my place of residence(country side/remote location)

I have something called a Propel accelerator installed and I notice an increase in the speed by a fair amount. Besides this accelerator, is there any other way to increase the speed to more than what it is?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:10 AM

Optimize your PC's security software, turn off auto updates, and make sure no programs are running in the background. Chances are you've already done that, but you can't really improve the speed if you're already getting 26.4/28.8/53kbps.

Friendly FYI: Propel doesn't accelerate the connection speed, just removes ads and lowers the quality on images greatly.

#3 strolln

strolln

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:16 AM

Your "pipe" to the internet is only so big. You can't make it any larger. There are a number of so called accelerators but they use compression to reduce the amount of data coming down the pipe which results in lowering the quality of the images you see.
To Err is human; to really foul things up requires a Bleeping Computer!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users