Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

javaw.exe crashes every Sunday at 15:12

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 William Dorr

William Dorr

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:40 AM

For the last month and a half or so, I get this on Sunday at 15:12:

Faulting application javaw.exe, version 6.0.200.2, faulting module java.dll, version 6.0.200.2, fault address 0x00005875.

On another computer of mine it crashes every Monday at 11:23, same thing.

It is not the java updater, as that is scheduled to run on the 27th of every month. I don't feel like this is malware or dangerous in anyway to my system (HJT, MWB scans are both clean), just really annoying.

Both computers are Win XP SP3 with AVG, Windows Firewall on the first, ZoneAlarm on the second.

Ideas? Similar experiences?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:43 AM

What other processes are running in Task Manager at that exact time? :thumbsup:

#3 William Dorr

William Dorr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2010 - 02:01 AM

Well, I've never sat and watched it at that time, since on the Sunday computer I'm typically playing WoW when it happens. The Monday computer is my media server, so I'm obviously not playing WoW on it at all, and I'm also not at home to observe it when it happens. The only programs that both systems have in common are AVG, Google Desktop, Java Update Scheduler (which is not scheduled for either of those crash times), and the Java Quick Starter Service.

#4 William Dorr

William Dorr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2010 - 04:59 AM

I've downloaded Sysinternals Process Monitor and scheduled it to run for one minute at 11:23 on Monday morning, recording whatever processes might be triggering this crash event. Hopefully it gives me an answer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users