Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Access to this website...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 blank.black

blank.black

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:09 PM

I was looking up disaster preparedness stuff and stumbled upon this website initial link

When I clicked on the link it ended up redirecting me to this page redirected link

The redirected page displays

---

Javascript not supported.
The browser that you are using does not support JavaScript, or you may have disabled JavaScript.
If your browser does not support JavaScript, you can upgrade to a newer browser.
If you have disabled JavaScript, you must re-enable it to work with this site.

WARNING
The use of this U.S. Government system is restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized access, use, or modification of this computer system or of the data contained herein or in transit to/from this system constitutes a violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 1030 and state criminal and civil laws. These systems and equipment are subject to monitoring to ensure proper performance of applicable security features or procedures. Such monitoring may result in the acquisition, recording and analysis of all data being communicated, transmitted, processed or stored in this system by a user. If monitoring reveals possible evidence of criminal activity, such evidence may be provided to law enforcement personnel. Anyone who accesses a Federal computer system without authorization or exceeds their access authority, and by any means of such conduct obtains, alters, damages, destroys, or discloses information, or prevents authorized use of information on the computer, shall be subject to fine or imprisonment, or both.

https://cdp.dhs.gov/InternalSite/1/1/1980

---

Now I dont want to get into no illegal business but I only want to know if anyone else out there is redirected as well or is it just me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kilgorecemetery

kilgorecemetery

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:40 PM

on the first page i got an error message as well that i didnt have the up to date version of Java, but if you keep reading it does have another link to "log in" which takes you immediately to the main page. worked in both firefox 3.6.3 and Chrome 4.1.2

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:55 PM

First link: https://cdp.dhs.gov/ loads fine here in Firefox.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#4 blank.black

blank.black
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:27 AM

on the first page i got an error message as well that i didnt have the up to date version of Java, but if you keep reading it does have another link to "log in" which takes you immediately to the main page. worked in both firefox 3.6.3 and Chrome 4.1.2

Thanks for your response kilgorecemetery.
I did find the link on the bottom left side of the page but that link took me to another page giving me the same warning again. I guess its just my computer, I probably have to check Java settings or something. Thanks anyways.

#5 blank.black

blank.black
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:29 AM

First link: https://cdp.dhs.gov/ loads fine here in Firefox.

Thanks for your response Broni.

I tried it on IE as well but it shows me same error. I guess I have to check my Java settings or something like that and see whats up. Thanks again.

#6 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:10 PM

Java and JavaScript are not the same thing. Do you have the latest editon of Flash?

#7 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 PM

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:56 PM

Works fine in Firefox 3.6.

#8 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:03 PM

I also get the "Javascript disabled" message when going to the original link. But that is because I have NoScript installed in Firefox. Allowing Javascript on the website (via the NoScript status bar icon) and going back to the original link (don't just refresh the error page) gets this:

Posted Image

Trying the same website( https://cdp.dhs.gov/ ) in IE8 results in a blank page (even with "Compatibility" applied to the website).

Google Chrome gives the same error message as Firefox plus this:

Posted Image

Safari does the exact same thing as Chrome.

However, this page works: http://cdp.dhs.gov/index.html

Perhaps you were trying to access a page on the site that doesn't officially "exist" or something equally befuddling. :thumbsup:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#9 blank.black

blank.black
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:52 PM

Sorry for the late reply but thanks a lot to all of you for your help :thumbsup:

@keyboardNinja - i did have NoScript enabled as well on Firefox and that was probably the problem bcoz after disabling it things looked better. Thank you.

#10 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:02 PM

:thumbsup:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web