Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

chrome browser

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bilabili

bilabili

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 16 May 2010 - 04:23 PM

Hi

i own acer laptop 6935. core 2 duo p7350 @2.00ghz
320gb (still 50gb free)
4gb ram
nvidia geforce 9600m gt
windows vista home pre sp2

i use google chrome web browser as my default browser. and one problem. that i encounter is that everytime i open youtube videos, or some flash web video, the whole system is getting real slow. i cant really multitask anymore *as i usually browse and do some photoshop or other software*

i was thinking that i am actually infected by malware or spyware.. i used the slow computer troubleshooting tutorial from the forum.
did almost everything (defrag, backup data, uninstall unnecessary applications, tweak my startup list), except the spyware doctor *i think*

oh btw. i just realized this like a week ago. and i didnt really install anything new.
and according to the task manager memory readings, my chrome browser can take up to 100+mb memory.
i dunno if thats normal or not.

anyone got any suggestion that can help me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NightWarlock

NightWarlock

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 16 May 2010 - 04:32 PM

That's not really normal, no. Do you face the same problem with other browsers? If you do, its not Chrome's fault.

EDIT: A quick Google search shows that the problem you face is very common. Apparently Chrome doesn't handle Flash well. Consider Firefox or Opera for Flash websites.

Edited by NightWarlock, 16 May 2010 - 04:36 PM.

On an extended break.

#3 bilabili

bilabili
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2010 - 02:37 AM

one problem. i cant uninstall, or install firefox in my lap. anyone can help me uninstall the thing?

it also started a while ago, before i changed to chrome. firefox chrased, and everytime i clicked on it, it says it cant find the file firefox.exe

i tried uninstalling it using the contrl panel. and it doesnt show the uninstall file. therfore i cant uninstall.

i will try opera then. :thumbsup: i liked chrome. *sigh

#4 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:21 AM

You could try actually navigating to the location in the C:\ drive, and manually deleting all files. Then in the add/remove programs click "uninstall" and it should error out and ask you if you want to remove it from the list(and registry, I think can't remember). Then just go to www.firefox.com/ and download the latest.

#5 NightWarlock

NightWarlock

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:54 PM

Why don't you just install Firefox over it anyway? I believe it will overwrite the existing Firefox directory.

On an extended break.

#6 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:10 PM

If you are having problems uninstalling Firefox (or any other piece of software), try using Revo Uninstaller to completely remove all traces of the software. Even if the application's built-in uninstaller fails (like in your case), Revo will scan for leftover files and registry keys and delete them, if you wish.

Then, try reinstalling Firefox: http://www.firefox.com/
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#7 bilabili

bilabili
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:20 AM

ALRIGHT! thanks all.

am installing as i type this

ok one more thing, (i hope i dont get warnings cause i keep adding my problems in one thread) my laptop tends to get slower after a while.

i checked the task manager, everything seems fine. *not that im an expert in checking the task manager* chrome is doing its memory sucking activity *2tabs, it cost me 80-100mb memory*, my rhinoceros program (well, its a 3d software, so i excuse it for eating 200mb+ of my memory). oh, and i already killed almost all software on the traybar area there.

so, correct me if im wrong, is the physical memory percentage is the one making it slow? i mean if it states: physical memory: 60% that means i have used 2gb+ of my 4gb RAM? it seems wrong, i have not encountered this problem with my laptop when i rush my school projects. i mean, i may exaggerate, but, i think i remember i opened photoshop, rhinoceros, and illustrator all at once.. and it seemed fine.

OK.

any comments, or warnings, just shoot me with replies! k,thx,bye!!!! love you all! muaccchhhh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users