Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What web browsers are best to use?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 alpad

alpad

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 16 May 2010 - 04:03 PM

I've tried a few and so far:

Firefox just freezes up, so I deleted it.
IE 8 keeps asking to set up, but I already have done that!! (Go figure that one!)
Safari works well for sites like my bank.

I see on filehippo.com that there are others ... I wonder what others' expereinces with those are.

Thanks so much!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NightWarlock

NightWarlock

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 16 May 2010 - 04:32 PM

Try Chrome? I alternate between Firefox and Chrome (some sites bug up on one of em, so I run the other). I've also heard Opera's pretty good. All personal preference, really. Each browser has its own 'feel', and that's what'll really get you hooked onto it, more than anything else.

Also, are you looking for anything particular in a browser? Firefox has its addons, and inbuilt Chatzilla, Chrome has the huge webscreen space (don't know what the technical term is), Opera has the page zooming and mouse gestures features.

On an extended break.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users