Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Restricted PC

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 RC_User

RC_User

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:19 AM

Hi, I'm having a problem with my PC. I'm running Windows XP PRO SP3.Some of the symptoms I'm having are longer than normal login times when logging into an XP account, while if I try to launch certain programs such as my avast antivirus software it will hang. Another problem is that the launching of installers fails on some programs such as HijackThis and will give a windows installer error. The error usally say that the file will fail to install if I'm in safemode or there is an error with windows installer. Please help!

Edit: Another symptom is with the task bar, it will not show active windows or programs even the task manager. Overall the system is running far slower than it has ever run. I took a look in device manager when I tried to create a screen cap of it in paint the I got a error message that says "The RPC server is unavailable".
Ran

Edited by RC_User, 16 May 2010 - 11:36 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users