Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

missing drivers or corrupt error 39

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chappytg150

chappytg150

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 16 May 2010 - 04:09 AM

I have lost all internet connection on my computer. Using 2wire gateway modem 2701 and that has been checked out and working fine. Somehow I have 3 gateway connections and do not know how they got there and can not uninstall them as it says fail to uninstall device as the device may be required to boot computer. When I go to troubleshoot in Device manger, it says the driver may be corrupt or missing error code 39 and con not uninstall. Have gone into registry and checked the Upper and Lower Filter and all is good there.
Also when computer has fully booted up I have an error screen saying error loading module pgsb.lto could not be found. I don't have a original CD for XP and no internet so I have to do everything from an old computer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:10 AM

Causes of error code 39:
A required device driver is missing.
A required binary file is corrupt.
There is a problem with file Input/Output (I/O) process.
A driver referencing an entry point in another binary file is unable to load.

Look in Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager - Check all items for missing drivers or outdated drivers -
Start with your Modem - This site lists Four , 2701 gateway models , they may have updated drivers there for you to download -

EDIT - Click on Support and Documentation in that site and type your model and look for Drivers -
Or if you have an install CD, try to run that to look for drivers that may be on there -

Edited by noknojon, 16 May 2010 - 05:25 AM.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,260 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:02 AM

Info on referenced file, http://www.superantispyware.com/malwarefiles/PGSB.LTO.html.

I would, at a minimum, run the latest updated version of SUPERAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes...followed by a complete scan of the system with installed, updated AV.

Those "could not be found" messages often appear when a system has been infected and the referenced malware item has been removed but a pointer to such still remains on the system.

Louis

#4 chappytg150

chappytg150
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:06 PM

Ok thanks will check out the gatway site and see if I can get some new drivers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users