Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio interface to speakers rather than direct?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Burtdaboy

Burtdaboy

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 16 May 2010 - 03:21 AM

Hey,

Firstly, I appologise for not knowing a great deal about audio options for laptops etc.

I play music through my laptop and connect my hi-fi speakers using the headphone jack. This is imposible to do though when my laptop is proped up on the Logitech stand I have.

I recently borrowed my friend's USB Audio interface and this meant music was of a superior sound quality and I could have my laptop on the stand and listen through headphones (connected through the interface).

I have returned the interface now and need to know if there is any way to connect a USB audio interface, if I were to buy one, to my Hi-fi (speakers) so I wouldn't have to use headphones? My Hi-fi is quite a few years old.

If this can be done - any recommendations for cheapist interfaces on the market?

Thank in advance,

Burt

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,167 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:32 AM

I have a Behringer UCA202 as a spare usb interface. It's inexpensive and works fine:

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UCA202.aspx

I expect the aux inputs on your hi-fi are RCA sockets, the outputs on the UCA202 are also, so you'd just need a standard 2xRCA to 2xRCA audio cable.
Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 Burtdaboy

Burtdaboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:28 AM

Thanks a lot.

Have just bought the Behringer interface and the cable.

You've cleared up something that has been on my mind for a while.

Burt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users