Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i need to reinstall my wireless internet

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 motherof4

motherof4

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:31 PM

i accidently erased my wireless internet. How do I get it back for free. I downloaded driver fetch no held downloaded wefi no adapter.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:50 PM

Not quite sure what you mean. A reboot will fix a lot of problems like that, otherwise I would try a System Restore back to before you had the problem.
You could also try going to Windows Update and seeing if that will get the driver, or go to the Dell site and look for the driver for your model.
If you have the Operating System disk, you could boot from that and choose to REPAIR your computer.
If you have trouble doing any of these, please tell us the model of your computer. (It should be on a sticker on the bottom of the computer).

Good luck.
Plz let us know how you get on.

Edited by rowal5555, 15 May 2010 - 11:04 PM.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#3 RainbowSix

RainbowSix

• Members
  • 604 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:39 AM

How did you erase your wireless internet?
I assume you didn't go to the device manager and remove all drivers. That is very difficult to do accidentally.
My next guess is that you uninstalled third-party software for managing your wireless connection. This is an easy fix. Just enable your wireless adapter via windows control panel and then double-click the wireless icon which appears at the bottom right.

Edited by RainbowSix, 17 May 2010 - 12:41 AM.

[ Antec 1200 v3 | Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 rev. 3.1 | AMD Phenom II x6 1090T (overclocked to 4GHz) | Corsair XMS3 4x4GB DDR3 1600 | COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 600W & Visiontek Juice Box 450W | SAMSUNG 470 Series 64GB SSD | WD Caviar Black 640GB & Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD | 2x XFX Radeon HD 5770 in Crossfire | SAMSUNG 22X DVD±RW | Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit]

CompTIA A+ certified
Stringfellow Electronics

#4 motherof4

motherof4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:59 PM

[size="6"]sorry its hard to find time to get to a computer. I was erasing things off my uninstall programs and i erased Atheros wireless internet it will not do a system restore from any point. Im guessing I need to reinstall Atheros wireless internet but how? I have nothing with the word wireless in my computer but I do see in the system restore calendar that Atheros was erased. Please help! :thumbsup:

#5 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 12 June 2010 - 04:12 AM

Can you tell us what we are trying to deal with. Make, model, laptop or desktop, Vista/XP?

If you can connect the computer to the modem via RJ45 cable then you will have internet access. Restart your computer now and with a bit of luck then Windows will find new hardware and reinstall the driver automatically.

If not, then Go to Start>Control Panel>Device Manager. Look for Network Adapters. Click the little + on the left hand side and see what shows up - you should have 2; one for the cable card and one for wireless. Right click on the wireless one and choose enable.

If things are going well, you can go to Control Panel again and choose Network. Look for options to Connect to a Network. If your router is shown, highlight it and choose Connect.

Fingers crossed, you will now be away laughing again.

Edited by rowal5555, 12 June 2010 - 04:20 AM.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users