Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No sound out of speakers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rpm

rpm

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 01 October 2005 - 01:49 AM

Sorry to bring this up, but I have a problem with my sound system in my computer. Windows XP Os[SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]

The cooling fan in the back was noisy, so I opened up the case, and bought a new fan and replaced it, Simple deal 5 screws in the case, and 4 screws for the fan, and right back up and running again.

Tonight, I wanted to listen to the World Of Outlaws on the web, and cannot get any sound thru the system now. I have checked all the wiring, both external, and internal, When I unplug the wire for the speakers, I can hear it electronic click, for the connection, and it clicks when it goes back in, but no sound to the speakers. I checked the volume controller in the Entertainment portion of the programs, and everything is alrught there, I check the Sounds and audio controls in the control box, and everything seems fine there. There is a note in the hardware tab,that says the device is working properly, but stil no sound.
No sound thru the cd player either, nor from callwave internet answering machine. Something is not working. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 01 October 2005 - 10:25 AM

Hi rpm,

It sounds like you have a driver or resource issue with your sound card. I have no clue why changing a power supply would create problems, but I have seen strange stuff happen frequently lately.

It sounds like you know how to maneuver around in Windows so I will skip detailed instructions. Go into the device manager and look at the resource area. See if there is an I/O address, or IRQ conflict. If there is, change the settings. You can see this info under the resources tab.

If the driver is corrupt, try reloading it. Visit the sound card maker's internet site and download the latest driver. Update the driver and see if that fixes the problem.

Let us know how it turns out. If you need more details instructions, don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck,

Rigel

ps... , I know you checked where the speakers were plugged in... but please make sure the speakers are plugged into the output port. I think most companies are using green as the default color for this jack. Also make sure your computer is not muted. r

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users