Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen Flickers once then game lags

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AndersonV1

AndersonV1

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 15 May 2010 - 11:04 AM

Hi,

I am using Win XP SP3, Dell Inspiron 6400, ATI X1400, 2x1gb ram. (Since Dec 2006).

I play games like PES 2010 and Civilization IV and after I play for a while the laptop will flicker for like one second (the screen goes black for one sec) then the game will become very slow (lag). My logs are clean and not running a lot of programs(not even WLM). Not to mention I have a laptop cooler as well.

Then I had to quit the game and re enter the game to have a smooth game play. but it happens again after the screen flickers once.

This recurring problem has become more and more annoying and I would like to know a solution for this? Dying hardware?Anyone? Many thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NightWarlock

NightWarlock

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:49 PM

Are you using an ATI card?

EDIT: Oh sorry! I missed it in your original post. This might fix your problem. =)

Edited by NightWarlock, 15 May 2010 - 12:50 PM.

On an extended break.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users