Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello and Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bloggingfollies

bloggingfollies

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 30 September 2005 - 09:24 PM

:thumbsup: I am really having an awful time with my computer. I just need someone to walk me through this process because I am getting very frustrated. I have epilepsy and am stuck at home, so time doesn't bother me as long as it doesn't bother anyone else! My computer has been infected for a while and I have tried everything possible to fix it, but to no avail. This is my only form of entertainment besides Walmart! Please, if someone could just explain some questions that I have encountered during this process, I would be so thankful!!

IT deals with How to remove Smitfraud/Quicknavigate...etc. It really has made internet more of a burden than a joy for me and I would like to go back to surfing freely...

Thank you! :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2005 - 02:22 AM

I am sure many members are willing to help you, but consider providing more information; I am not sure your problem is that you cannot download and extract zip files, or if you are having a problem following the instructions given in the self-help post about Smitfraud.
Zipped, or compressed files, need to be extracted (uncompressed) before they can be used. If you have XP, this article (towards the bottom) shows you how to extract them:

http://www.leeds.ac.uk/acom/delphi/zip/zip.htm

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 bloggingfollies

bloggingfollies
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2005 - 09:26 AM

Well the problem is with extracting the file.
I downloaded smitRem.exe
and it says to double click on the file to extract it to c:\smitrem
the files won't extract....
then the step about the Panda Active Scan ?? I know I need to download it and save it to my desktop...I went through the site and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

IT probably deals with the virus....

I haven't got any further in the steps because I didn't know if it would hurt the process. My uncle said to always follow the steps in order just to make sure.

Does this information help anymore?

#4 pacman123

pacman123

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2005 - 04:11 PM

Hi panda active scan...................

http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan

For smitfraud i would go with HJT please read here before posting........

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/956/how-to-submit-a-hijackthis-log/

Hope this helps....

#5 bloggingfollies

bloggingfollies
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2005 - 11:30 AM

A simple question now compared to the harder questions I have asked before. Is Panda Active Scan the same as the Panda Antivirus for Linux? I just want to be sure before I download the wrong program...or would I need to buy something from Panda?

:thumbsup:

Sorry for the inconvienience

Edited by bloggingfollies, 02 October 2005 - 11:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users