Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Good Place to Upload Source Code?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:23 PM

I'm currently in computer programming year 3 and I'm working intently on producing special effects, along the lines of game development. I've uploaded a few videos to YouTube but the bitrate is horrible and I'd like a place to upload my source code and high-quality photos (the photos won't be too big, XNA makes an 800x600 screen). It would just be XNA programs with a few screenshots and the source code.
Posted Image
That's some scarring on a ship from Star Wars. I don't claim the artwork as my own, but the code used to produce the charring effects is all mine.
A more animated, but less detailed, video on YouTube

It looks like a broken link for the photo :thumbsup:

Edited by Ryan 3000, 14 May 2010 - 11:25 PM.

No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2010 - 07:36 AM

Very good animation.

I used to use trueSpace 5.1 and 3dsMax a few years back doing cool animations like that when I was involved with 3-D Chat rooms. But then I started visiting SecondLife which had its own physics engine and so I stopped using those programs.

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,487 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:34 AM

That is an awesome animation Ryan 3000.

Keep it up! :flowers: :thumbsup: :trumpet:
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#4 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:07 PM

Thanks for the comments guys, I'll be updating you on my progress.
Still looking for a good place to upload source code. FileFront's more for files that relate to commercial games, than indie programs, so I don't feel right using it.

edit and update!
Uploaded a more comprehensive video on YouTube, gives a fuller demonstration of my program. Please view!
Texture Damage in XNA - Full Demonstration

Edited by Ryan 3000, 15 May 2010 - 08:36 PM.

No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#5 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:25 AM

I like it, ya know I mentioned i used truespace and 3dsmax, i forgot I also used a couple of other programs as well, which was Blender and Wings3D.

I used to be involved with a 3-D chat program years ago that used RenderWare, it does still exist, it is called Activeworlds.

It uses RenderWare which is outdated compared to the other 3d chat programs out there and of course textures have to be applied and mapped.

But I got bored with that type of stuff and moved on to Secondlife as I mentioned earlier just to visit the dance clubs to listen to the streaming music offered.

Keep up the great work you are doing though, I think your future is making games, I was thinking of doing that, but found doing technical stuff like hardware was more my preference.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#6 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:45 PM

I agree Bruce, I am also into hardware. Kinda torn at the moment at whether I should do hardware, like managing a company's server, or game design, like what I'm doing right now. I love both, so whichever I choose, the other would be a hobby. Does anyone have any similar experiences and maybe you can recommend which course I take?

I can't edit my previous post, but here's the photo I was trying to show you guys.
Posted Image

Edited by Ryan 3000, 16 May 2010 - 07:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users