Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CAN'T PASTE

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jsaklas

jsaklas

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:52 PM

I'm running XP SP3 on a PC in my home.

I connect to a computer in California using Remote Desktop Connection. Once on the server in California, I work in Quickbooks, produce a table and then export the table to Excel. All works well.

I then copy something from one of the worksheets, switch to MY local home computer and then paste this information into an Excel workbook/worksheet on my computer. Again all works well.

THEN, after doing this once or twice, something blocks the pasting. I copy from the Excel on the California machine and can paste it onto a different worksheet, but when I try to paste it onto Excel on my home computer, the paste and paste special are "greyed" out.

Can anyone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:18 AM

Before I answer this, being that it has not been answered for a few days, have you found a solution as of yet?

If not, please let me know and we'll work together to getting your problem solved.

Best regards.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 jsaklas

jsaklas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:59 AM

MrBruce1959

Thanks for the reply. No, I do not yet have a solution and I welcome your help. I am not on my computer every day, so I may not always be able to reply quickly - I hope you understand.

ps. As the owner/servant and friend of two cats, I love your avatar.

#4 NightWarlock

NightWarlock

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:51 PM

Try clearing your clipboard when it stops working? Run > type "clipbrd" without the quotes > delete from the clipboard (the black x).

On an extended break.

#5 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2010 - 01:17 PM

MrBruce1959
ps. As the owner/servant and friend of two cats, I love your avatar.

LOL yeah thats my cat Oreo, I adopted her from the niaghborhood last June. She's about a year old now and keeps me company.

She can be a pain at times though, comes to me when she's damned good and ready to. :flowers:

Since I finally got her spaded last month, shes calmed down a bit, but drove me nuts for a month straight MEOWing for a boyfriend before that! :thumbsup:

Refuses to sleep next to me at night, prefers sleeping on my dresser in a shoebox full of old bills LOL.

Gotta run, if the solution NightWarlock gave you doesn't work I'll check back later to see.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#6 NightWarlock

NightWarlock

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 16 May 2010 - 02:18 PM

In case it doesn't work, a few questions:

1. Has this problem recently started?

2. Can you copy/paste on your own comp? (not the one you're connected to)

On an extended break.

#7 jsaklas

jsaklas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:23 PM

Sorry for the long delay in replying. The problem has not re-occurred, but I did nothing to resolve it, so I assume it may return. For now, thanks for all the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users