Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple issues

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Gringoyle

Gringoyle

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:04 PM

I believe I am infected but that I also have some poor maintenance problems also.

This is on my old xp pro machine w/sp3
I had posted a few weeks ago and was checking back periodical to see for a replay but I had missed your reply so you folks closed the tread.
I am really sorry I didnt get it started than but am looking to still have this looked by you guys.

My system is really slow, my hard drives where fragmented really bad 80%+ fragmented I was unable to defrag them so I removed the two large file from each drive that had a file that could not be defraged both are massive files. I was able to defrag the first drive but the second defrag but very slowly and afterwords it says it still needs to be defraged I did so in safe mode as well it seems a little faster.

I also downloaded CCleaner and used it, I used it to disable some programs running at startup that where not needed as well
startup is still a little slow but I accept that now with all the startup programs running but I still have a problem with scrolling text whether I'm on the internet or just notepad and moving windows around is really choppy.

When running Mbam I see AdawreAlert it cant be removed by Mbam I tried Rkill all with Mbam.
Also I get a message when trying to run Spybot - Search & Destroy.
---------------------------
Windows - No Disk
There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive ???????.
Cancel Try Again Continue

The Spybot Search will not continue unless I select continue, pressing the X, Cansel, or Try Again only repeats the message over and over.
but he message changes each time, here are some of them.
Windows - No Disk
Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c
Cancel Try Again Continue

Edited by Gringoyle, 14 May 2010 - 11:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:45 PM

Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free
  • Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
  • An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
  • If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.
  • If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)
  • In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.
  • Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.
  • Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
    • Close browsers before scanning.
    • Scan for tracking cookies.
    • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
  • Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.
  • Do not run a scan just yet.
Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware as follows:
  • Launch the program and back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
  • On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
  • On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan and click "Next".
  • After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
  • Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
  • A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
  • If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.
  • To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
    • Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
    • Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
  • Click Close to exit the program.
If you have a problem downloading, installing or getting SAS to run, try downloading and using the SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner instead. Save the randomly named file (i.e. SAS_1710895.COM) to a usb drive or CD and transfer to the infected computer. Then double-click on it to launch and scan. The file is randomly named to help keep malware from blocking the scanner.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Gringoyle

Gringoyle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:55 AM

I followed your instructions to a "T", but I don't have a scanner log? I allowed the scanner to run its course took about 3 hours, I clicked OK to Quarantine and Remove, it asked me to reboot, I did that took about 15 min to log off and an other 10 min to re-boot, once I log-ed in to windows I opened SuperAntiSpyware and under statistics/log there is nothing.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:07 AM

Try rebooting your computer again and see if the log is there. If that doesn't work you could try logging into another account to access the log. Also you could try access and then saving the log in Safe Mode.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 Gringoyle

Gringoyle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:58 PM

I had to save the log in safe mod and then put in on a flash drive, even though I save the text file it could not be found when I loged-in to windows normally.

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 05/18/2010 at 11:13 PM

Application Version : 4.37.1000

Core Rules Database Version : 4900
Trace Rules Database Version: 2712

Scan type : Complete Scan
Total Scan Time : 02:48:51

Memory items scanned : 226
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 5104
Registry threats detected : 0
File items scanned : 206900
File threats detected : 15

Adware.Tracking Cookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin\Cookies\kevin@ad.wsod[2].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin\Cookies\kevin@ad.yieldmanager[1].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin\Cookies\kevin@adbrite[2].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin\Cookies\kevin@adecn[1].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin\Cookies\kevin@ads.infinisource[1].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin\Cookies\kevin@ads.pointroll[2].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin\Cookies\kevin@bs.serving-sys[1].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin\Cookies\kevin@bs.serving-sys[2].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin\Cookies\kevin@eb.adbureau[1].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin\Cookies\kevin@insightexpressai[1].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin\Cookies\kevin@invitemedia[2].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin\Cookies\kevin@msnportal.112.2o7[1].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin\Cookies\kevin@pointroll[2].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Kevin\Cookies\kevin@serving-sys[2].txt

Trojan.Agent/Gen-Nullo[Micro]
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\NVMCSSS.DLL

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:54 PM

Any improvement?

—George Bernard Shaw

#7 Gringoyle

Gringoyle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:34 PM

Performance wise no.
Do you want me to run spybot again and see if the error massage is there?

it still takes about 15 min. (no joke really ) to shutdown or restart, start up is a little faster since i CCleaned and defraged be for I began this thread I still cant delete that program called AdawareAlert.

I cant seem to uninstall a program called pivot 8.2 some kind of monitor pivot software my son installed not sure if its related to malware as to why I cant get rid of it but the program has disabled my graphics drivers I believe causing bad scrolling text issue.

Edited by Gringoyle, 19 May 2010 - 04:55 PM.

#8 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:06 PM

Try this:

Right click on the C drive in Explorer and go Properties > Tools > Check Now (under Error Checking). Check both boxes then click "Start Now". A message will pop up saying that Error Checking will run after you restart the computer. Restart the computer and Error Checking will run automatically after the restart. After itís finished it will restart into Windows automatically.

—George Bernard Shaw

#9 Gringoyle

Gringoyle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:02 PM

Try this:

Right click on the C drive in Explorer and go Properties > Tools > Check Now (under Error Checking). Check both boxes then click "Start Now". A message will pop up saying that Error Checking will run after you restart the computer. Restart the computer and Error Checking will run automatically after the restart. After itís finished it will restart into Windows automatically.

I am doing this now.
I should have mentioned that a new startup error has occurred after I did SuperantiSpyware in safemode, its this:

C:\PROGRA~1\INSTAL~1\{C880E~1\setup.exe
Windows cannot find 'C:\PROGRA~1\INSTAL~1\{C880E~1\setup.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.
OK

#10 Gringoyle

Gringoyle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:29 PM

Any further Advice?