Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error appearing when starting computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 skimmi

skimmi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:50 PM

I foolishly installed something to check on my drivers and it did say that my audio drivers need updating.....I let it do it but then I was getting no sounds from my computer! I restored it to an earlier date, the sounds were back but now the following error appears when I first turn on the computer....

"The procedure entry point ?LocalizeString@@YA?AVCString@@V1@@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library STLang.dll"

But at the same time I thought I would now see abt updating my drivers via the Device Manager and it let me know that the SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC needed updating and proceded to do so (I had the installation disc to the computer in). But after it completed, again there were no sounds from the computer. I did restore it to an earlier date again as I needed to do something on iTunes.

Does anyone know how I can correct this????

Thanks

Edited by skimmi, 14 May 2010 - 06:51 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joe C

Joe C

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:56 PM

you can revert back like you did the first time and uninstall any software that tells you you need a driver. Why are you letting some third party software program tell you what you need? you can look in the device manager and see what sound hardware you really have and go to their web site and get the driver yourself or if you have an off the shelf pc then go to that manufactures web site and see if there are any drivers available.

If your hardware is working correctly then you probably do not need to update your driver....if it ain't broken, then do not try to fix it!

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:11 PM

Try the solutions here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums...95-b71ee3cd716a

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users