Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I.E. 7 xpsp3 OS problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 georgia

georgia

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:39 PM

Hi, I am not sure how to fix a couple of issues that arose after I tried out Ashampoo burning studio free version 6.
I now have "Ashampoo" written on top of the Google window inspite of the fact that I declined their browser search bar.
I totally uninstalled it and used an app to get rid of the "leftovers" and still their name hangs onto my Google page which used to have "Google and a picture". That is now replaced by the word "Ashampoo" and on the side "powered by google".
My Google Browser tool bar is still there.
I would like to get the I.E. back to what it was.
I tried in "tools" and clicked on Manage add ons, but did not know what to do...or whether anything there might?

The 2nd problem is since the appearance of "Ashampoo" on my IE page, I now get an "application error of IE.exe "the instruction @0x0le4e24a reference memory at 0x75cf14a8. (btw these series of numbers change when I try to exit IE). The final message is "The memory could not be read. Click ok to terminate.

Any ideas? Help would be appreciated. I keep thinking that it could be in "add ons"...but don't know what to do? I could be totally wrong though as I am far from tech expertise.
BTW, I did a "Search" and came up with no "ashampoo'.?

Thank you.

Edited by georgia, 14 May 2010 - 06:45 PM.

Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 danjmilos

danjmilos

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:10 PM

georgia,

Try uninstalling then reinstall.

Dan

#3 georgia

georgia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:20 AM

Thx for the reply. I have managed to rid of Shampoo on my web home page and now am trying to fight off MSN as wanting to be my Home Page. Google is now there but no image. This is my computer that I have not used for awhile. I don't thnk the IE 7 is working properly as it does not allow me in Tools to set my Default browser name in Internet Options? :thumbsup:
Don't quite know what to do.
BTW, I have run scans on it and it is secure. I am sure that when it was set up for Google as the Home Page that I did not do something right in the first place.
I look forward to the experienced comments. What is actually shown on my home page is "Google", No image!, Google Search and I am feeling lucky.
Thx.

Edited by georgia, 15 May 2010 - 12:24 AM.

#4 danjmilos

danjmilos

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2010 - 07:23 AM

georgia,

Try Control Panel>Internet Options>General Tab, type Google's address there with the http:// and see if that locks it in better. If you see any other address there delete it.

Dan

Edited by danjmilos, 15 May 2010 - 07:26 AM.

#5 georgia

georgia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2010 - 11:15 AM

Hi again, I have combed through everything and did as advised went in the CP and Internet options and locked in 'google' and even rebooted to see if there was a change and none appeared.
What seems to me happened is that the "Ashampoo' logo seems to have wiped out the 'Google" logo which was above the search bar in the middle of the window.
I tried another d/l and nothing changed?
But then I was googling and see that Google did some changes earlier this month that user's were complaining about the 'new look". I checked out my netbook which I haven't used for awhile and "Google" shows up fine....where the "Ashampoo" was occupying the area on my notebook that I am using.
I again look forward to suggestions.
I don't know if there is a way to set the image above the Search Bar? I want to d/l the free version of Ashampoo burning software but don't want their advertising Logo on my desktop.
It indicates a way to stop it however when you tick off the box the logo still loads itself....annoying.
Could there be something in Manage my Add ons in the CP re the Ashampoo getting its logo onto my Home Page?
Thank you, once again.

#6 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:08 PM

Have you tried resetting IE7; see this article, you can use the automated fix-it if you wish.

How to reset Internet Explorer settings

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

"When you reset Internet Explorer settings, all add-ons and customizations are deleted".

I now have IE8 and in Manage Add-ons, I have loads of stuff disabled, e.g. various toolbars,
but do not know if IE7 is the same, (can't remember!).

I don't bother with a Home Page, my Tools/Internet Options/Homepage is set to 'Use Blank';
I do love a clear screen.

btw, I have the free Ashampoo Burning Studio 2010 (got it off a cover disk, somewhere)
and it has never intruded anywhere; odd.

#7 danjmilos

danjmilos

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:36 PM

georgia,

I've been somewhat busy the last few days which gave me some time to think, a similar browser problem happened to one computer at work. What we ended up doing was "System Restore" to right before the program that caused the problem was installed and it fixed the problem. I looked at Kelly's Corner and a few other sites and could find anything about your hiccup but I will keep an eye peeled.

If your using IE 6 maybe try upgrading to 7 or 8. If your interested in add-ons for IE a nice one is IE 7 Pro, works best with 7 but has a lot of functionally in 8. Look it up and see what it offers. Most of my browsing is done in Opera, but I'm messing around with SRware Iron and K-Meleon for a change of pace. Hope you get everything sorted.

Dan

#8 georgia

georgia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:04 PM

Thx Dan and all. Sorry for the late reply, I have been busy. I like to reply when I have found a solution. I did a search and found remnants of Burning Studio 6 still hanging around.
I decided to d/l it again and did and the used Revo Uninstaller and seemed to cure the ailment.
I always had issues with AShampoo products and don't understand what happened here. Perhaps I will try to d/l Burning studio 10 and see.
Thx!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users