Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I need help with COD:UO

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 church

church

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 30 September 2005 - 06:14 PM

:thumbsup: Every time i try to start a new single player game after it gets halfway loaded it brings up an error messages that says pak sum/name mismatch. can anyone help me????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 01 October 2005 - 04:34 AM

Two questions:

Have you patched it to the latest patch(1.51)?

Have you got any mod installed?
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#3 church

church
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2005 - 07:03 PM

no, no i dont have mods or the new 1.51 but i DID have the patch and it still had the message so i reinstalled COD to see if that would work but it didn't.

#4 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2005 - 07:34 AM

As far as I know there are three different reasons to get the pak sum/name mismatch error:

1. A model is incorrectly named.
2. A mod or map is incorrectly named; You can't have spaces in the map/mod names, instead use _
3. Too many mods or custom maps, but this should have been fixed in an patch.

Any custom maps?
When you reinstalled it, did you uninstall and delete all that was left behind before installing it again?
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#5 church

church
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2005 - 12:26 PM

As far as I know there are three different reasons to get the pak sum/name mismatch error:

1. A model is incorrectly named.
2. A mod or map is incorrectly named; You can't have spaces in the map/mod names, instead use _
3. Too many mods or custom maps, but this should have been fixed in an patch.

Any custom maps?
When you reinstalled it, did you uninstall and delete all that was left behind before installing it again?

hmmm no i don't think so... so where could i go to do this? control pannel/ add or remove programs? i currently have it unninstalled so if you can me i can try it right away... thanks so much!

Edited by church, 16 October 2005 - 12:26 PM.

#6 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2005 - 01:48 PM

After uninstalling all, both COD and UO, go and delete any eventual files and folders that are left behind. Then try to reinstall it.

#7 church

church
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2005 - 05:37 PM

So i must delete COD original too? oh ok and how will i know which files are left behind from COD and UO?

Edited by church, 16 October 2005 - 05:38 PM.

#8 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2005 - 10:25 AM

You probably installed COD to something like C:\Program Files\Call of Duty or similar. After uninstalling delete the Call of Duty folder with everything that is left in it, if the uninstall didn't remove it. Do the same with the United Offensive folder. Then you can try a reinstall.

#9 church

church
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:22 PM

thanks ill try that!
:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users