Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Added video card

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Diddyspark

Diddyspark

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:56 PM

I have installed a 2 port video card in my Compaq 500B. It has a video out on the motherboard. I was hoping to have the ability of having 3 video outs from this setup. Once I installed the video card the internal port is gone. I checked the device manager it just shows the new card, nothing about the built in port. Not sure if something in the BIOS would help me. I really didn't want to buy another video card. All this PC has are PCIe connections and I can't find a single port card. I wasn't needing 4 video outs.

Anyone able to steer me in the right direction? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:14 PM

There could be a setting in your BIOS which was changed to turn off the on-board video processor.

You would have to check in the Advanced menu section of your BIOS utility for the setting for the on-board video port, to see if it was changed to disabled.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 Diddyspark

Diddyspark
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:19 PM

:thumbsup: I will go and check that out. Why can't things just be simple for me? If there isn't a setting I am lost as to what to do next. I will be using this PC for church services and I would really like to get it going.

Thanks.

Edited by Diddyspark, 14 May 2010 - 02:22 PM.

#4 Diddyspark

Diddyspark
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:49 PM

Tried changing the bios but the only option is one or the other card, can't do both. Now I am stuck.

#5 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:13 PM

Well have you considered getting another add-on card for one of the regular PCI slots? Those cards are are not as expensive as the PCI-E ones and you'd be surprised how many people have spare ones laying around they would offer you for free. Ask people around your Church if they care to donate one to you.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users