Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is it okay to use a log from RootRepeal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 thatoneguyyep101

thatoneguyyep101

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:45 AM

I think my computer has some sort of Rootkit infection... I posted a topic.... My topic

Also I'm not sure where to post this current topic, so if it's in the wrong forum please forgive me. I was told in my topic I link above that I might have a Rootkit infection, so I googled for tools that detect rootkits.... only 1 of them found something I think, it's called RootRepeal, and I'd like to give someone the logs, if that's okay?

Under the drivers tab of RootRepeal it mentions something SYMEFS.SYS

Under the Files tab it says "MBR Rootkit Detected!"

There's other tabs such as SSDT, Stealth Objects, Hidden Services, Shadow SSDT, Report, etc.

I think this tool might be helpful in telling the people helping me with my topic linked above what is wrong with my computer?

I'm not sure, it's up to them... but I have previously had the remote desktop connection box rechecking itself, I made a topic, and my problem got solved... but 3 days later... settings are changing themselves, the remote desktop conenection is re-checking itself, and the task manger looks all wrong.

I'm just looking for help, thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:11 AM

You need to continue posting all responses and questions...in the thread which you previously started and which has now been moved to the Malware Removal Logs forum.

Since you have an open thread there...it is requested that you not initiate any other threads in any other forums...until your malware thread is resolved. Posting multiple threads and receiving suggestions regarding the same issues...from more than one forum...might possibly result in unsuccessful resolution of your situation.

You should take all instructions/suggestions from members of the BC Malware Team until they either resolve your issue or advise you to pursue some other course of action that does not involve dealing with malware.

Consequently, I am closing this thread, you may PM me if you have any questions.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users