Hello and Welcome to the forums!
My name is Gringo
and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.
Somethings to remember while we are working together.
1.Please do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!
2.Please reply to this thread, do not start another!
3.Please tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.
4.Please tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.
5.Please try as much as possible not to run anything while executing a fix.
If you follow these instructions, everything should go smoothly.
The author of Combofix states very firmly in the Disclaimer that this tool is meant for private use and should never be used in an unsupervised environment
. From the author:
I would like to get a better look at your system, please do the following so I can get some more detailed logs.
Why we don't ask you to run ComboFix from the onset
As stated by the author
ComboFix is a very powerful tool which when improperly used may render your machine to a doorstop.
We first need to verify if there's any rootkits present and how they could affect our tools. DDS & GMER are preliminary scans. We use their logs to map our strategy for attack.
With these logs we can determine the infections present & decide whether to deploy ComboFix.
Please download DeFogger to your desktop.IMPORTANT!
Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
Do not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.
- The application window will appear
- Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers
- Click Yes to continue
- A 'Finished!' message will appear
- Click OK
- DeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OK
If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable
which will appear on your desktop.Download DDS:
Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Gmer
Download DDS and save it to your desktop
Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.
- Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.
- Shortly after two logs will appear:
- A window will open instructing you save & post the logs
- Save the logs to a convenient place such as your desktop
- Copy the contents of both logs & post in your next reply
Download GMER Rootkit Scanner
- Double click the .exe file. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent
- If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO
- In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ...
- Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
- Show All (don't miss this one)
- Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish
- Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file
- Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and post it in reply
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entriesNote: Do not run any programs while Gmer is running.information and logs:
In your next post I need the following
1.logs from DDS
2.log from GMER
3.let me know of any problems you may have had
Edited by gringo_pr, 14 May 2010 - 04:23 PM.
I Close My Topics If You Have Not Replied In 5 Days If You Will Be Longer Please Let Me Know
If I Have Not Replied To One Of My Topics In 48 Hrs Please Bump The Topic
My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show your appreciation or to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here -->
<-- Don't worry every little bit helps.Proud Graduate Of Malware Removal University