Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is this process a virus and how to delete it?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RyanB

RyanB

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 AM

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:11 AM

In my task manager there is a prosses called zeioki.exe and it is using 30% of my cpu. I have reasons to believe it is a virus.
When i try to end the process a message comes up saying 'task manager has stopped working' and my only option is to close the task manager.
Is this a virus? and does anyone know how to get rid of it?
P.s I have windows 7.

Also, their is a autorun.inf virus on my usb and when i try to delete it, it says something like 'cannot delete as zeioki.exe is using it'.

Also, before all this, my virus protection (trend micro) asked me if I wanted to allow or block zeioki.exe from making changes to my computer, it said its publisher was microsoft so i allowed it and the security risk was stated as low. My virus protection said that the risk was that it could change my dll or dl or something like that i cant really remember. And now sometimes it says unknown publisher and other times microsoft is stated as the publisher.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:04 AM

Hello this appears to be a new malware.
DDS LOG
We need a deeper look. Please go here....
Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.
Let me know if that went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users