Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Network adaptor not working anymore

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 loupc

loupc

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:10 PM

Recently I had to do a recovery on my Sony Vaio desktop model PCV-RS630G. Prior to the recovery, I was using a Linksys Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter WUSB54GC to access the internet. But, after the recovery, the computer did not detect the adapter. I thought maybe the adapter went bad but I own 2 and I tested both of them on my other pc and they work fine. I downloaded the driver from linksys and it still did not detect it. I looked under services and made sure the wireless service was started and it was. If I'm missing any information please let me know. Can anyone please assist me on this, thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:55 PM

check in device manager to see if there are problems with usb controller. do other usb devices work in that usb port ?

#3 loupc

loupc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:02 PM

Thanks caperdog for your assistance. I have about 6 usb ports on my pc, 3 on the front and 3 on the back. For some reason the front usb ports did not allow my adapter to be detected. I detached the adapter and connected it to one of the usb ports on the back and it found it with no problem. This post can be closed now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users