Posted 30 September 2005 - 02:15 PM
Trying to update all Updates at once sometimes doesn't work cause a certain Update might need the System to Restart Immediately,browse through them real quick, a lot of times it will specify if it is a stand alone Installation.
1. Are you logged in as the "Administrator"?
2. Make sure your "drivers" are up to date.
3. If SP2 is listed as an available update, don't try to install it, you must be up-to-date with SP1 first.
4. Add the MS update site to your "Trusted Sites" list in I.E.
5. Do you use an Anti-Virus, Firewall, Spyware/Malware programs? It's a good idea to get cleaned up of any "Malicious Content" before applying a heap of updates.
6. When you try to install the updates, do you get an "Error" code? If yes, you can navigate to FAQ while on the Update Site and click "Microsoft Update Troubleshooter", put in OS and look for your Error #.
If none of that works, I'm sure someone, if not me will have it figured out soon.
Make sure to update to I.E.6 if not already, I read about some problems somewhere that stem from trying to update Pre-SP2 updates using I.E.5.
When I'm right, I'm right....
And when I'm wrong, I could have been right....
So I'm still right, cause I could have been wrong.