Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hijacked

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shtrout

shtrout

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 30 September 2004 - 06:12 PM

win98se, IE6,
have enstalled all security patches, ran spybot, spy sweeper,trend micro,and shredder--nothing is working-- afraid to use hijack this

A dialer keeps running or trying to run
any suggestions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ColdinCbus

ColdinCbus

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 30 September 2004 - 06:44 PM

Hi, shtrout.

Looks like you have done most of the steps you can do yourself to remove the problem. It would apprear that it is time to post HijackThis log.

Please read this post on how to do so http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/956/how-to-submit-a-hijackthis-log/

Once you post a log in the HijackThis Forum, someone will review it and explain what you need to do to remove your hijacker. :thumbsup:

#3 EdBee

EdBee

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 01 October 2004 - 11:59 AM

I recently had WIN 98 on one of my machines--since updated to XP. It was getting dialers installed left and right. I suggest following thru with HJT log as was suggested. However, in the meantime I would go" search" and look for files with "dialer" and "dialler". Check the "properties" and if recently installed and not by you , delete them. Otherwise, you may find yourself owing TEL Co. some $. Deleting the files will only be a temp help, the Hijack This Log and some of the experts on this forum will get to and help you fix the underlying problems in your registry. Good luck!--you have come to the right place--This forum :thumbsup:
EDBEE from NMUSA- RENOWNED MALWARE FIGHTER AND SWORN ENEMY OF ALL INTERNET HIJACKERS

#4 shtrout

shtrout
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 01 October 2004 - 04:14 PM

thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users