Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 64bit and Toshiba A300D - Freezes with C000021A

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Keddy1

Keddy1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:38 AM

Hi

Ive just sat and ripped my hair out over this laptop, its a Toshiba Satellite, A300D. It installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit no probs, all good and i completed the installation. installed all my apps etc... and then it crashed with the C000021A error. Start up repair fixed the issue and said it was a currupted file. So i continued, and it crashed again, but this time startup repair didnt fix it. so i got the DVD out again and tryed to boot to that and then recieved the error C000021A, i then changed the ram slots, and changed the actual ram, and this did not fix the issue, so i took the hdd out and tried to boot to the cd without an Hdd, and the same result C000021A happened.

Anyway......

I found the Bios was version 1.80 and a update to 2.10 was released and that fixed the issue. Hope this saves someone else the trouble.

UPDATE YOUR BIOS!!!!

I did thru bartPE booting to xp. otherwise i would have had to reinstall vista (wich quite happily booted with no problems at all being a 32bit version) and then update the bios.

In the end the 1.80 Bios is not compatible with windows 7 64 bit and needs to be upgraded.

Hope this helps someone.

Kyle.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,514 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:26 PM

Hi keddy1 :huh: to BC. :huh:

Thank you for posting how you fixed that problem and I am sure it will help a lot of other people. :thumbup2:
animinionsmalltext.gif
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:25 PM

:huh:, as well.

Yes, sometimes with old hardware, a BIOS update is in order. However, don't do a BIOS upgrade just because one is available. You should only do it in cases like this where you have to have one. :huh:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users