Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

connection problems...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KNMCNULTY

KNMCNULTY

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:14 PM

Hello,
I recently bought a new PC, and I've had it working super great in my living room. Today I decided to move it into my bedroom, and when I got it moved and powered up, the internet doesn't want to connect anymore. The computer detects the network, but it won't connect. Actually, it isn't even giving me an option to connect to the network...but I see it there, lingering and taunting away. I have three other computers in my home--all three without any problems (they're laptops) and connected to the same wireless network. I'm at a loss, and I am absolutely not a networking genius. All I did was move the computer across the hall! Any ideas would be appreciated!
Kristin

ps--not sure what specifics are needed--I'm running Windows 7 on a Dell on the computer in question--I'm super happy to oblige any further needed information. Thanks again!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:38 PM

I take it your trying to connect to a wireless connection is this correct?

Sorry to ask this question, but your description didn't really clarify that part.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users