Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

x10nets.exe

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 steve`o

steve`o

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:18 PM

hi there i wonder if some one can help
my computor is running really slow
the cpu usage is constant at 65% ( when not doing anything and at 100% when i try to do something )
ive tracked down via my resourse monitor that the program x10nets.exe is taking 49% of the cpu all the time
ive looked at this in services ( task manager ) and it says its "starting"
ive tried stopping the process but get
operation not completed access denied
any ideas? is this normal or has the program become stuffed up in some way

regards steve

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:22 PM

Do you have an X10 video monitoring system? If so that is the service for the streaming video.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,902 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:31 PM

You did install this software, right? You have some X10 device installed, along with accompanying software?

Does your CPU usage return to normal...if you remove the device and software?

Has it always used the CPU percentage you now note?

Have you checked the X10 website for info on this?

Data From PC Pitstop on File

My first priority...would be to assure myself that it's something other than malware...by checking the size and location of the file. If such turned out to be the case, then I would assume that the program which installed it...is damaged. That means uninstall/reinstall the program, in my world.

Louis

#4 steve`o

steve`o
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:51 PM

Do you have an X10 video monitoring system? If so that is the service for the streaming video.

sorry wouldnt know what a X10 video monitoring system was

#5 steve`o

steve`o
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:57 PM

You did install this software, right? You have some X10 device installed, along with accompanying software?

Does your CPU usage return to normal...if you remove the device and software?

Has it always used the CPU percentage you now note?

Have you checked the X10 website for info on this?

Data From PC Pitstop on File

My first priority...would be to assure myself that it's something other than malware...by checking the size and location of the file. If such turned out to be the case, then I would assume that the program which installed it...is damaged. That means uninstall/reinstall the program, in my world.

Louis

i`m pretty sure its not malware ive scanned with spybot and malwarebytes antimalware and both came up clean, this has only happend over the last few days i would say the cpu usage was about 15-20% at "rest" prior to this, that last program added aprt from windows updates was incredimail 2 4-5-10 which was an update on the previous program should i delete incredimail and see what happens ?

ps thanks for the pitstop link reading the info at the mo

Edited by steve`o, 12 May 2010 - 05:01 PM.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,902 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:11 PM

X10 makes devices for streaming music, videos, etc. from a system, among other products.

See X10 Webpage.

Did you check the file size and location of the file named?

Did you check Add/Remove Programs?

Louis

#7 steve`o

steve`o
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2010 - 03:53 PM

X10 makes devices for streaming music, videos, etc. from a system, among other products.

See X10 Webpage.

Did you check Add/Remove Programs?

Louis

yes it was where it should be and the right size

this is what ive done ( rightly or wrongly )
copied X10 files into my docs, tried to delete x10 files from there proper location ( failed access denied ) so i renamed the x10 executable file and re-booted the computor
after re-booting everything seems to work fine and the cpu monitors goneback to approx 15% at stand by
so my pc`s back to speed and having tried most programs i havnt found anything yet that dosnt work
so was it right or wrong to do this ( i still have a back up of the original x10 files ) ?

regards steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users