Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows me problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lantz01

lantz01

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 29 September 2005 - 09:29 PM

i am running windows me on a compac computer , 800 mhz amd cpu. when i try to access control panel , my computer recycle bin, i get a message that "explorer has caused error in BHO.DLL explorer will now close" any ideas how to fix this . i have the compac rescue cd but it won,t run. i can,t get any thing to auto run. thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2005 - 12:09 AM

Could be tough if you can't open the Control Panel. Here's something to get an idea what you're up against:

Whazzit

You might check to see if you have any of those files or registry entries and confirm that this is indeed your problem.

#3 lantz01

lantz01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2005 - 12:39 AM

thanks herk
tried the link the info didn't work , but decieded to delete everything i downloaded on it monday . the prob started right after i downloaded some stuff. i did find a way to get to my add and remove programs that worked, so i took it all off and now making a startup disk. HOPE THAT WORKS!!!!

THANKS FOR THE INFO
LANTZ01

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users