Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer does not register my KB or Mouse on start-up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ninjashrink

ninjashrink

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:14 PM

I have a desktop PC that does not register the keyboard or mouse on start-up...??? It just happened one day and I was wondering if anyone has an idea what I could to rectify the situation. I have switched USB ports and the like to try and troubleshoot the issue with no success. I went back to the original equipment that came with the computer as well to be sure it wasn't some sort of driver problem. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 meuchel

meuchel

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:24 PM

just on startup? so do they load once in windows?
if that is the case you can have legacy usb support turned off in the bios
unfortunately if your keyboard doesn't work you will have to plug in a ps/2 keyboard to access the bios.
you are looking for legacy usb support in the advanced settings of the bios usually accessed by F2 or Delete key on startup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users