Your Malwarebytes Anti-Malware log indicates you performed your scan in safe mode
Scanning with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in safe or normal mode will work but removal functions are not as powerful in safe mode
MBAM is designed to be at full power when malware is running so safe mode is not necessary when using it. In fact, MBAM loses some effectiveness
for detection & removal when used in safe mode because the program includes a special driver which does not work in safe mode. Further, scanning in safe mode prevents some types of malware from running so it may be missed during the detection process. For optimal removal, normal mode is recommended
so it does not limit the abilities of MBAM. Doing a safe mode scan should only
be done when a regular mode scan fails or you cannot boot up normally. If that is the case, after completing a safe mode scan, reboot normally, update the database definitions
through the program's interface (preferable method
) and try rescanning again in normal mode. When done, click the Logs
tab and copy/paste the contents of the new report in your next reply.
Please perform a scan with Kaspersky Online Virus Scanner
.-- Requires free Java Runtime Environment (JRE) to be installed before scanning for malware as ActiveX is no longer being used.-- This scan will not remove any detected file threats but it will show where they are located so they can be cleaned with other tools.
-- Note: Some online scanners will detect existing anti-virus software and refuse to cooperate. You may have to disable the real-time protection components of your existing anti-virus and try running the scan again. If you do this, remember to turn them back on after you are finished.
- Vista users need to right-click the IE or FF Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar icons and Run As Administrator from the context menu.
- Read the "Advantages - Requirements and Limitations" then press the ... button.
- You will be prompted to install an application from Kaspersky. Click the Run button. It will start downloading and installing the scanner and virus definitions.
- When the downloads have finished, you should see 'Database is updated. Ready to scan'. Click on the ... button.
- Make sure these boxes are checked. By default, they should be. If not, please check them and click on the ... button afterwards:
- Detect malicious programs of the following categories:
Viruses, Worms, Trojan Horses, Rootkits
Spyware, Adware, Dialers and other potentially dangerous programs
- Scan compound files (doesn't apply to the File scan area):
- Click on My Computer under the Scan section. OK any warnings from your protection programs.
- The scan will take a while so be patient and do NOT use the computer while the scan is running. Keep all other programs and windows closed.
- Once the scan is complete (the 'status' will show complete), click on View Scan Report and any infected objects will be shown.
- Click on Save Report As... and change the Files of type to Text file (.txt)
- Name the file KAVScan_ddmmyy (day, month, year) before clicking on the Save button and save it to your Desktop.
- Copy and paste (Ctrl+C) the saved scan results from that file in your next reply.