Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Am I BANNED from Wheel of Fortune?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TheEgg

TheEgg

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:13 PM

I noticed that the people on that game show (and others) seem to be well off people. Everyone has a job...a decent job. When Pat Sajak asks them what they do-

and that makes me mad because its no ones business what I do and I would say "Thats none of your business, pat" and spin the wheel real hard.

-they all have jobs like teacher, army man, account administrator (whatever that means), etc. No one ever says "I work at Kmart" or "unemployed"

which is a shame. Because those are the people (like me) who could really use the $$$. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:49 AM

well, I imagine, if I was selected for that show, I would happily tell them what I do-Ive got nothing to hide, even when I worked at McDs. of course, now Im a truck driver, but the world can know that to. But as far as being able to be on it, if you really want to, try going to their web site and apply for it-nice little link that says want to be a contestent? after all couldn't hurt and you might just get lucky and appear on the show and get to tell the dude "my jobs" none of your business. That would be quality television.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 TheEgg

TheEgg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:42 AM

I will do that. Seems its real hard to get on the show. I see what they want though. They want someone who can call the letters out loud and fast. I guess the show would take for ever if people kept saying uhhhh uhhhh and everyone was too stupid to solve the first puzzle. They also want a positive happy go lucky person. The type of robotic person who seems to have never had a bad day in his life. Thats the part that may kill me because I don't think I match their template. They'll never put someone on the show whos gonna get feisty and say "thats none of your business" or spin the wheel when its not their turn (heh heh) or smoke a cigarette on the show (I don't smoke). I guess I could try my best to fake it and say that I have 2.5 wonderful kids and I work at some globex corporation. We'll see how it goes. I'll be sure to let BC know what happens.

Edited by TheEgg, 12 May 2010 - 10:02 AM.

#4 meuchel

meuchel

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:56 AM

i sometimes wondered if they obfuscate their business title on those shows.
i am a special equipment tech manager for a large franchise, in other words i flip burgers at McDonald's or something like that.

i am not saying that there is anything wrong with any job.
in my opinion if you are working or at least trying to get a job then at least you are not sitting on the couch living of the system like some people do.

#5 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:05 PM

I'm pretty sure they pick loud people... but not too sure I agree with the smart part. I've seen a few fails.
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users