Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

my computer is beeping like an ambulance...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 loki909

loki909

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:49 PM

its happened twice now that i know of. the first time my girlfriend was trying to watch a youtube video and the computer started beeping continuously. the best way to describe the beeping is like an ambulance or (dee-doo-dee-doo) over and over. it just happened again randomly when i was updating my virus protection program. this time i let it beep for a good minute or two and it stopped but im really concerned. as far as i know nothing new has changed with my hardware or software. im running windows xp. 3ghz processor, 3 gigs of ram. not sure what other info you might need. thanx in advance for any help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:09 PM

Sometimes audio is hacked by rootkits/trojans.

You should post at this forum where the excellent Bleeping staff and members can help you decipher the problem.
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

#3 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:00 PM

desktop or laptop, computer make/model or motherboard manufacturer and CPU
some bios' s will sound an alarm when the CPU reaches a certain temperature and then will shut down if it gets too hot. you have not experienced a shut down have you ?
this of course is just a shot in the dark but beeps provide error information. what you describe sounds like an alarm. i would remove the side panel (if desktop) to confirm that the CPU fan is spinning.

also, fan could be spinning but dirt, dust, lint could be defeating the cooling process. if this is the case you should read up on cleaning your computer before grabbing the vacuum cleaner.

Edited by caperdog, 11 May 2010 - 08:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users