Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lost internet on home computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shogun697

shogun697

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:16 PM

Hey I was hoping for some help.Just called to a house to check out why someone lost the internet on there home computer, there laptop is still working ok.There home computer is plugged in with from there modem which the laptop is getting wireless.A reson the home computer might not be working is it maybe looking for a password in security(not a wap key) I was hoping someone could give me some trouble shooting tips.I'm at a loss so any tips would be great.thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:26 PM

laptop has connection to internet through wireless. desktop wired but no connection. is this right ?

if so (desktop) check device manager
to see if there are problems with network adapter(card), check connections, try different cable, reseat network card if not built in, ping desktop from laptop, if computer set to receive IP automatically make sure router has DHCP enabled.

maybe one of these things will lead you in the right direction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users