Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Updates every shutdown

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sportsvine

sportsvine

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:58 PM

Everytime we shut down our computer, it tries to do several updates (always at least 9, sometimes as many as 13).

A few months back, we had a nasty virus, which I had to reformat the computer.

After reformatting, the computer has been attempting these updates at every shutdown. I do not believe these updates should happen with every shutdown, just only occasionally.

Also, the computer takes longer to respond from sleep. Whenever the computer goes in sleep mode, and I move the mouse to wake the computer up, the cursor is frozen for about 20 seconds while making a weird noise 3 or 4 times.

Other than the multiple updates with every shutdown, and the very slow respond time to waking up from sleep, the computer operates perfectly fine and efficient.

Any ideas to correct the above problems?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users