Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Realtek Soundcare Constant Buzz

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tripydevo

tripydevo

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 11 May 2010 - 03:38 PM

Yesterday, between my First Lich King kill, and going to play Gmod. My mic decided to start making a constant buzz noise. The mic still records sound, and works with Ventrilo skype, and windows recorder, but it makes a constant hum noise. The noise is as loud as my talking, If I make my mic louder, the hum gets louder.

I've tried:
Pluging my mic into the back of my computer, and the same buzz noise as the front. (But the sound from my headset speakers was alot better)
Uninstalled my driver and rebooted and it auto installed. Same noise.
I tested my headset on my laptop, and it works fine.
I download the lastest Realtek drivers and installed them. Still same noise.
I've tried doing a 20 dB boost. Same noise, just louder.

My friends in vent/skype say they can hear me talking, just a loud buzz noise is covering my voice.

I've tried recording my sound also, and it sounds the same.

I dont know what else to do! All it leaves is my sound card being wonky, but if it was broken. Wouldnt my sound suck also? not just my recording?

Please help.

~Devo.

I can record a sample, if needed.

Edit:

I was just recording to see test it again, I noticed something wierd. When I move my hand closer to the mic, the buzz sound gets louder! I dont know why. Weird.

Edited by tripydevo, 11 May 2010 - 04:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 meuchel

meuchel

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:36 AM

poor shielding on the mic.
what kind of a mic is it?
one of those cheapos that come with computers?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users