Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

java script errors

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 rayj0054

rayj0054

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 11 May 2010 - 03:32 PM

hello again,
im running vista ultimate x64 and i get a lot of java script errors such as this page contains java script errors do you wish to continue without script. is my java corrupt and if so how do i completely remove it and reinstall .

thanks in advance ray

my computer is custom built xfxforce md-a72p-7509 m/b with nforce 750a sli chipset
amd phenom x4 9500 agena processor
8gb ocz ddr2 ocz2f10662g ram
2 sata and 1 ide hdd
lg sata dvd read and write

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,457 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 11 May 2010 - 03:50 PM

You could use revo uninstaller to remove and then reinstall java--> http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninst...e_download.html :huh:

Edit: Opps thank you groovicus. :huh:

Edited by computerxpds, 11 May 2010 - 04:03 PM.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

#3 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:00 PM

Except that is totally wrong advice. Javascript and Java are not the same, so uninstalling Java would do nothing.

@rayj0054, pages throw javascript errors all of the time and has nothing at all to do with your system. Javascript gets loaded into your browser with the HTML and everything else needed to display a web page. The errors can mean anything from the javascript using deprecated libraries to screw-ups by the developer. You can instruct your browser to ignore errors, and it sort varies depending on what browser you are using, and which version of said browser you are using.

#4 rayj0054

rayj0054
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:24 PM

thank for the quick reply i didnt uninstall java or anything yet so i will just disable the notifications on the script errors now that i know its not my computer causing the problems thanks again groovicus and no harm done computerxpds as i got both replies before i did anything

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:39 AM

What sites are giving you these errors?

#6 rayj0054

rayj0054
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:01 PM

mainly yahoo.com and dishmail.net

#7 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:02 PM

What browsers are you using?

#8 rayj0054

rayj0054
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:47 PM

ie 8 and sometimes google chrome ive tried ie8 in compatability mode also my os is x64

#9 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:53 PM

Do you have any add-ons on IE?

It is possible one of them is impacting java script rendering. I would try IE 8 in Safe Mode.

I would download Firefox http://www.getfirefox.com and try it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users