Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IBM ThinkPad HDD boot error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Trader_ib1

Trader_ib1

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:08 PM

I bought 2 thinkpad T43 machines (refurb) The first was a 2668 configuration with a 40gb Toshiba hard drive. The second was a 1871 configuration with a 40gb Hitachi HTS541040GBATA00 hard drive. I removed the Hitachi drive and used Acronis to clone the Toshiba to the Hitachi. When I put the Hitachi drive back in I get the 2010 error, indicating that the HD is not compatible. I have the latest Firmware so when I run boot from CD it says no new firmware found and will not update. I have exhausted Lenovo web site and even restored the machine to factory restore. Nothing seems to solve the problem.

I need some good guidance to know what to do next

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:17 PM

well, what was the purpose of cloning the drive? I think I would try reformatting the drive, putting it into the computer and trying a clean install. if that doesnt work, I would download hitachis hard drive diagnostic software and run it to make sure you dont have a faulty drive.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:44 PM

Go to forum.thinkpads.com and do a search. For T43 there's a link to list of supported drives on IBM site, don't know if you need to hack firmware or not but it won't work with unsupported drive.

This is due to all the security features in the Thinkpad lines.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users