Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antispyware Soft / Just-in-Time Debugger

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 prodin

prodin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:17 PM

Hello,

I have Windows XP Pro, use Mozilla Firefox and have Spybot and Avg free 9.0 for antivirus.

I started getting Antispyware Soft and Antivirus Softwas Alert popups and Avg was disabled.
I restarted Windows in Safe Mode and ran Avg.

That seemed to do the trick(none of the previous pop-ups) but I then started getting Just-in-Time Debugging notifications.
Worried that this was another virus I looked it up.

I downloaded Malwarebytes which didn't find anything, and Spyhunter 4 which found a PestCapture cookie.
I deleted the Pestcapture but Spyhunter then found a problem at -

C:\Windows\$hf_mig$\KB890589\SP2QFE

After that was deleted Spyhunter then found a problem at -

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{CA740F62-9FED-4180-A8C8-D75A21F8F293}\RP451\A0115977.exe

..which I then deleted, and following further scans with all of my antivirus programmes the computer came up clean.

However the Just-in-Time Debugging notifications didn't stop so I followed all the suggestions on this page -
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en...61-d5fc3aa5167c

The debugging notifications keep coming. Task manager links it to vs7jit.exe.

Is my computer infected?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users