Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help Jailbreaking My iPod Touch

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jlventre

Jlventre

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:46 PM

Hi, I've got an eight-gig 2nd generation (MC Model) iPod Touch running 3.1.3 which I would like to safely jailbreak (I know this probably requires downgrading).
If anyone can give me detailed instructions on how to do this I would be very greatful. :flowers:

These are my concerns:
-Will I lose my music, pictures and videos?
-Will I lose my paid apps?
-Will I still be able to sync my iPod normally?
-Will I still be able to get all the apps availible on the normal app-store?

Thank you :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,514 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:41 PM

This is all of the info you need to know about jailbreaking (i wrote an article on it a while back)

:P no you will not loss all of your songs if they are all legally downloaded and are bought from itunes.

:flowers: No you will not loss any of your paid apps.

:thumbsup: yes you will be able to sync normally.

:huh: yes you will still be able to get all of the normal apps on the app store.

:) Ok to start off I would restore your iPod before jailbreaking because it will have less of chance of having a problem with the jailbreak.

:woot: Go to http://spiritjb.com/ and download it (available for all operating systems.(including Linux!))

:inlove: Then open the downloaded .EXE file and connect your iPod (CLOSE ITUNES if it opens).

:trumpet: Then simply click the jailbreak button and,

:cool: Enjoy your jailbroken iPod touch.

Good luck and happy jailbreaking. :)

Created by Computerxpds

Some legal info for the sake of BC: It must be pointed out that jailbreaking violates Apple's EULA and voids the warranty. It is understood by all concerned that Bleeping Computer is not responsible for any damage, real or legal, caused by said jailbreaking.
animinionsmalltext.gif
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:54 PM

It's not against Bleeping Computer's rules to help with jailbreaking, computerxpds. However, it must be pointed out that jailbreaking violates Apple's EULA and voids the warranty. It is understood by all concerned that Bleeping Computer is not responsible for any damage, real or legal, caused by said jailbreaking.

Edited by Andrew, 13 May 2010 - 08:56 PM.

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,514 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:29 AM

I know it is not. :thumbsup: we have already been there and now i understand. :flowers: the first time i was just making sure:)
animinionsmalltext.gif
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#5 sierrachello

sierrachello

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

Did someone try already about the jailbreaking for Ipod touch 4G? how was it? did it work or easy to do so?> please I need a reply for I am thinking to do the same way too....:)

Thank you!

#6 sierrachello

sierrachello

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

This is all of the info you need to know about jailbreaking (i wrote an article on it a while back)

:step1: no you will not loss all of your songs if they are all legally downloaded and are bought from itunes.

:step2: No you will not loss any of your paid apps.

:step3: yes you will be able to sync normally.

:step4: yes you will still be able to get all of the normal apps on the app store.

:step5: Ok to start off I would restore your iPod before jailbreaking because it will have less of chance of having a problem with the jailbreak.

:step6: Go to http://spiritjb.com/ and download it (available for all operating systems.(including Linux!))

:step7: Then open the downloaded .EXE file and connect your iPod (CLOSE ITUNES if it opens).

:step8: Then simply click the jailbreak button and,

:step9: Enjoy your jailbroken iPod touch.

Good luck and happy jailbreaking. smile.gif

Created by Computerxpds

Some legal info for the sake of BC: It must be pointed out that jailbreaking violates Apple's EULA and voids the warranty. It is understood by all concerned that Bleeping Computer is not responsible for any damage, real or legal, caused by said jailbreaking.

Anyone tested this steps? please share your experiences here.

TIA.

#7 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,514 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

No this is VERY outdated. It will not work with the current iOS versions and new devices.

animinionsmalltext.gif

#8 sierrachello

sierrachello

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

okay thanks

Edited by sierrachello, 18 May 2013 - 07:27 PM.

#9 sierrachello

sierrachello

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

thanks for the info

Edited by sierrachello, 18 May 2013 - 07:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users