1. The internert connection icon (bottom right) displays limited access or not connected
2. the local area connection properties (TCP/IP) displays connected
3. the IE brower timeouts
4. disconnected the Linksys router
4.1 desktop and notebook could not access the internet via the router
5. connected the desktop directly to the cable modem, same problem
6. connected my notebook to the same desktop ethernet cable and IE opened ok.
6.ONE MORE ITEM - McAfee expired and I removed from system.
Edited by Orange Blossom, 11 May 2010 - 06:18 PM.
Move to AII as no logs posted. ~ OB