Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i cant run my firewall

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sammyb

Sammyb

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 11 May 2010 - 03:22 AM

When i go to control panel then to firewall i get this error "windows firewall: Windows cannot start the Windows firewall/internet connection sharing (ICS) service."

I was told to goto "Run" and type in "netsh winsock reset" then restart my computer and that worked for awhile then when i try to play an online game i get an error saying "Generic host32" had to close or something i get the "windows firewall: Windows cannot start the Windows firewall/internet connection sharing (ICS) service." error again.

=\

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:57 AM

Troubleshoot
Besides making sure that the firewall settings are correct, for Windows XP host with more than one Ethernet interface cards and a wireless WAN connection, bridging the Ethernet interface cards may help eliminating some ICS malfunction problems. It is found from repeated testing that without bridging, ICS may not work correctly if only one of the several Ethernet cards is selected from the wireless connection's Internet Connection Sharing option drop down box.

It may be an idea for you to type ICS in Google and visit the Wiki article as it lists some upgrades that are not automatic and must be downloaded -
The full article is a bit too long to post here and Wiki has the upgrade links there for you to follow -

Thank You - :thumbsup:

Edited by noknojon, 11 May 2010 - 04:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users