Please download TFC
(Temp File Cleaner) by Old Timer and save it to your desktop.alternate download link
Note: It is normal for the computer to be slow to boot after running TFC cleaner the first time.
- Save any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!
- Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. If you are using Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator.
- Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion.
- TFC will clear out all temp folders for all user accounts (temp, IE temp, Java, FF, Opera, Chrome, Safari), including Administrator, All Users, LocalService, NetworkService, and any other accounts in the user folder.
- Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean.
Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free
- Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
- Follow these instructions: How to use SUPERAntiSpyware to scan and remove malware from your computer Guide.
- To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
- Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
- Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
- If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
- Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
- Click Close to exit the program.
If using Internet Explorer 8 or Windows 7, the browser will run an extra instance
of iexplorer.exe as part of the Loosely-Coupled IE
and Automatic Crash Recovery
features. ACR stores information about a browsing session on the hard disk so that in the event of a browser crash, hang, or other unexpected shutdown, it you to resume the last browsing session. If using multiple tabs, ARC allows recovery of all opened tabs in case of a browser failure. Essentially that allows Internet Explorer to prevent itself from closing when a web site in one tab crashes. In order to this, Internet Explorer 8 will open a new process for the main window and another process with any opened tab
. As such, it is not unusual to find multiple instances of iexplore.exe running in Task Manager
. More information about ACR and LCIE can be found on the IEBlog
and an explanation of multiple instances of iexplorer.exe is provided by DON, MS MVP IE here
. One drawback of this new feature is that ACR has been reported to utilize high memory resources.
Disabling ACR is not recommended
, but if you want to do so, please refer to: