Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ASP.net issues on Abyss web server

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:19 PM

Hi guys,
It may seem hard to believe, but I don't know if I said in my last post mentioning this server that Aprelium actually does support ASP.net up to .net 3.5. Well my current issue is installing mojo portal, a beautiful content manager onto it so that I can hopefully put up my own site. well what is happening so far is that I follow the directions in aprelium's documentation regarding ASP.net applications in Abyss web server. It says to create a sub directory underneath the Abyss directory (htdocs), and I did that. So in other words, the path of the files is C:\Abyss Web server\htdocs\Raeder24\wwwroot\setup. Then I went into firefox typing this path into the address bar on local host. This resulted in a download prompt of the default.aspx file which is the setup script for the site builder. What did I do wrong? Now I'll also tell you that I have asked the admin about this too, but if anyone knows anything, I'd like some input.

Thanks.

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:33 PM

Have you configured the Abyss web server and added virtual path and .NET version ?

http://www.aprelium.com/abyssws/aspnet/ (see under Declaring the application in Abyss web server)

#3 chromebuster

chromebuster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:03 AM

Oh yes, I've done that a long time ago. My contact from that ccommunity says that it is more than likely because I can't seem to set up the backend configurations. The admin of the Mojo Portal project says that after fixing some of the code, he was able to get the setup script to work correctly in Abyss even though the rendering of the page isn't quite what is expected. In other words, it doesn't provide the user with a 200 confirmation. My only issue now is installing MSSQL server express management studio on Windows 7 which doesn't seem to be wanting to go through. But the funny thing is that other managers for that same software will go through just fine. I checked all of the requirements, and the only thing I don't have is windows powershell 1.0, I think. But the funny thing about that is that when I clicked on that link, it brought me to the windows server 2003 download page. Strange, isn't it? If you can think of anything else, that'd be great.

Thanks,
Chromebuster

Edited by chromebuster, 15 May 2010 - 01:07 AM.

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users