Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Processor

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ben

Ben

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 11 May 2004 - 07:59 PM

Does it matter how fast you processor is, i mean are most processors compatible with most newer motherboards?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HuckerJ

HuckerJ

• Members
  • 189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 12 May 2004 - 04:04 PM

I went though this when building my computer. Yes, they are the minimum speed for my board was 1GHz and a 200MHz FSB. Look at the manual for the motherboard.
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary notation, and those who do not.
Posted Image - It plays, it streams, it kills WiMPs!!

#3 Ben

Ben
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2004 - 06:25 PM

oh ok thanks

#4 kylander

kylander

• Banned
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2004 - 08:53 PM

there are however, certain specifications such as the type of memory and combatibility of the cpu that limit the motherboard to an older and/or slower processor :thumbsup:

#5 BioHazard

BioHazard

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2004 - 02:33 PM

the best way to find these things out is visit your local pc parts store and look around at the employees they have there.. when you see an employee that you could see as a friend go up and talk to them.. its best to find someone who will tell the truth and not try to sell you ocean front property in Arizona. ask them about specific boards or chips what ever your question. i always try to stick with smaller shops because usually there alot more pc savvy than the bigger stores.. bigger stores watch there $ so they hire kids to do a techs job. another thing to do is research yourself.. thats the only way to get an unbiased opinion.

#6 newwavecomputers

newwavecomputers

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2004 - 10:12 PM

Or you may ask someone like me who won't sell you anything more than you need. Go to my site, use the free program that analyzes your cpu. I can lead you from there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users