Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD File_System 0x22, cannot get rid of it

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Wartax

Wartax

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:17 PM

Hello everybody, this one has been a pain in my side for the last week.

Alright so here is the fun.

I have an IBM ThinkPad T-60 with a centrino dual core 1.66Ghz, ATI Raedon Mobility X1300, 1.5Ghz RAM, a client brought this computer to my shop with the issue that the computer was running slowly. We noticed the hard drive was failing so we cloned the drive without a problem. Computer was still running fine, noticed the display drivers were missing and installed them. Suddenly there was a blue screen "File_System 0x0000002 (0x00202EF, 0x823F88C0, 0x823F8808, 0x82458B28)" My first thought was this happened because i installed the video card drivers, so i uninstalled them, the blue screen continued. The blue screen happens roughly every other reboot between the windows splash screen and right before it prompts you for a logon, the computer hangs for a moment then the blue screen appears as though it fails on some sort of driver. I updated the computer fully, ran HJT removed some baddie BHOs Toolbars and a few services, disabled some start up items in MSconfig, tried reloading the drivers, uninstalling them, tried a last known good configuration, ran all sorts of AV programs from CBF, HJT, Eset online scanner, MSE scan, superantispyware scan, and a malwarebytes scan, all to which came back with little to no results so i dont believe it is viral related. If anybody can help with this i would really appreciate it, my dead line is coming up for the client and i cant seem to get rid of this blue screen,

Stop code other then the 0x00000022 changes constantly, the (0x00000 x0000000 0x0000) section is what i am referring too

Edited by Budapest, 10 May 2010 - 07:06 PM.
Log removed and moved back to XP at OP request ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:19 PM

Let's try the following:

Download/install BlueScreenView, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html.

Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file.

When scanning is done, Edit/Select All...then File/Save Selected Items. Save the report as BSOD.txt.

Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

FWIW: If the file system is bad...I'm not sure cloning the partition would be an effective remedy.

Louis

#3 Wartax

Wartax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:12 PM

ill do that tomorrow, i'm currently off the clock and not anywhere near the computer :thumbsup:

Also, the clone was done because the HD was defective, just a problem we discovered that could or could not be related to this issue. I just wanted as much information out there as possible, you can never have too much information.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,108 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:03 AM

Well...users often mistake file system problems...for hard drive problems...since the end result (inability to boot/access files) can be the same.

The fact that your error message specifically mentions the file system...indicates that the hard drive itself may be OK. The way to test the functional capability of the drive itself is to run the respective hard drive manufacturer's diagnostic (long test) on the drive, in accordance with provided instructions.

Bootable Hard Drive Diagnostics - Vox - http://usasma.vox.com/library/post/bootabl...iagnostics.html

Hard Drive Installation and Diagnostic Tools - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/28744/hard-drive-installation-and-diagnostic-tools/

Louis

#5 Wartax

Wartax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:03 AM

sorry i guess i was not clear

we ran HD Diagnostics with the IBM DFT.

Just got into the office, had chkdsk /r running over night said it found and repaired some problems, testing, if problem is not solved will post the dumps, from bluescreen viewer, if it is solved will let you guys know.

#6 Wartax

Wartax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:27 PM

This post can be closed.

The resolution to the problem was a repair of windows with the ERD disc for those of you who are curious. Good luck to everybody and thank you for your assistance.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,108 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:42 PM

Thanks for the feedback on your successful resolution...happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users