Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

need help with logins

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 grmrt

grmrt

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:02 PM

Everytime i go to any site i have to login even though i have the box checked to remember me. Is my pc mad at me or did i accidentally reset one of my do-hickey ma-jiggies somewhere along the line? can ayone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:58 PM

May I know which browser you are using? And if you are using the latest version of it?
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#3 grmrt

grmrt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:48 PM

Oh im sorry. IE yes...i think...this just started. i've tried everythig i can think of...like tools>options>.....etc.

#4 grmrt

grmrt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:52 PM

i was troubleshooting another problem yesterday. had to run a check disk...had issues with my camrea downloading apparently. but i inadvertantly may have reset something. its just real strange its asking to remember my password, yet when i check yes it wont.

#5 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:58 PM

1. In Internet Explorer click Tools on the toolbar and then click Internet Options.
2. In the Internet Options dialog box, click the Security tab, and then select Local Intranet.
3. Click Sites
4. Click Advanced
5. Type the URL of the site that you want to trust. You can type the domain name without the www for have a more general entry. For example, entering 'domain.com' allows me to access http or https areas of fictitious site www.domain.com with or without the www in it. Subdomains of domain.com will also work.
6. Click Add, and then click OK.

Try the above solution.
Once the sites are added, it should remember your login details.

Edited by ReviverSoft, 10 May 2010 - 07:59 PM.

#6 grmrt

grmrt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:24 PM

well i tried it and its still not letting me in even though the keep me logged in box is checked. i have another question.....i went to my start up and noticed i have two versions of IE in there. one is IE (64) the other is the regular. the 64-bit is the latest...i tried to start up from there but it actsa the same, could this be the problem and if so how do i get rid of one of them

#7 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:34 PM

I would suggest using the 32bit version of Internet Explorer.

If by default, IE opens up the 64bit version, change the 'Target Path' (Right-Click > Properties) of the Internet Explorer icon to "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe".

Having both the 32bit and 64bit versions installed, doesn't really pose a problem.

EDIT:

If you aren't using Internet Explorer 8 already, I would suggest doing that.

Uninstall the older version of IE and install IE 8.

Edited by ReviverSoft, 10 May 2010 - 08:37 PM.

#8 grmrt

grmrt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:38 PM

how am i able to tell what version is running ...have been all over this pc cant find it

#9 grmrt

grmrt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:38 PM

how am i able to tell what version is running ...have been all over this pc cant find it

#10 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:40 PM

Open Internet Explorer > Help > About Internet Explorer > Internet Explorer X

Edited by ReviverSoft, 10 May 2010 - 08:41 PM.

#11 grmrt

grmrt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:42 PM

ok i found someplace told me it was 8. that is the 64-bit right. i checked the other one and that one seems to be also... i dont know

#12 grmrt

grmrt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:51 PM

ok thanks. said it was 8.0.7600 what ever huh 256-bit ok but i'v had that on here since i bought the laptop 2 months ago. everything was beautiful till yesterday when i was troubleshooting and messed up some setting.

#13 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:53 PM

To make sure the 32bit version of IE is set to default, try this:

1. Go to start
2. Type cmd and open it
3. Type this:

netsh winsock reset

4. Enter
5. Reset

Alternatively, you could consider using a different browser, for a change? ;)

Mozilla Firefox
Opera

Edited by ReviverSoft, 10 May 2010 - 08:56 PM.

#14 grmrt

grmrt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:11 PM

ok tried it. didnt work. im telling you my pc is very mad at me! messin w/ it too much!! i do have firefox may have to go there if i cant resolve this. Thank you so very much for all your help, sorry im such a pain.....have a good one... work on it some more tomorrow...

#15 grmrt

grmrt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:08 AM

well, I have been working on this since 5:00 this a.m. Finally fixed it. I dont even know what i did to fix it because ive tried so many different things. On the IE help sight there is a forum there with countless number of people w/ same issue. Some things worked for one and not the other. Some are so frustrated they are switching to firefox. Im a real determined young lady who doesnt like to give up. Just wish i could tell ya exactly what fixed it. Maybe my pc likes how fast i hit the keys when ive had so much coffee...anyway, my pc and i are friends again...thanks for all your help! This site still rocks and until the next problem....I'll be reading ya....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users