Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dell inspiron 1100 has blinking battery lights

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shashman

shashman

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 10 May 2010 - 03:00 PM

Got a Dell Inspiron 1100. The battery is dead, cause there are no lights at all when I turn the laptop on without AC. However, when I plug in the AC, the battery lights blinks orange three times, then there is kind of like a click sound, then the light blinks green once, and the sequence repeats.

On AC power alone, that is without the battery plugged in, the laptop acts the same way.

In neither cases does the laptop boot up at all. What is going on

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:06 PM

Here is a link to your Dell inspiration laptop.

Below is a PDF version of your owners manual to help you solve your problem.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/syst...en/i1100-om.pdf

I found this information regarding your battery status.

CHECK THE BATTERY STATUS LIGHT If the battery status light flashes
orange or is a steady orange, the battery charge is low or depleted. Connect the
computer to an electrical outlet.
If the battery status light flashes green and orange, the battery is too hot to charge.
Turn off the computer (see page 40), disconnect the computer from the electrical
outlet, and then let the battery and computer cool to room temperature.
If the battery status light rapidly flashes orange, the battery may be defective.
Contact Dell.

This link below is a service manual for your laptop, it shows exploded views of all of its components.
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/syst...en/sm/index.htm

Hope this information helps you, at the least you might be looking at a replacement with a new battery.

The PDF version of your owners manual shows where to obtain a new battery.

Good luck.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users